- People are always the priority!
- Only in Fifty Shades of Grey are people tied to desks!
- Be like Bear Grylls and get out and about!
- Only on Mastermind are you expected to have all the answers!
- Collaborate to celebrate!
- Out of tiny acorns mighty oaks do grow, so deal with issues when they're tiny!
- Good flag makers and good leaders establish standards!
- Walk the walk, not just talk the talk!
- Would you buy a car from you? Build trust!
- As a true fan, support your team!
- Laugh at the leader in the mirror and don't take yourself too seriously
- Don't be dumb, tell people when they are doing well!
- Be proactive rather than reactive, but react when you need to!
- Like a good librarian, be well read!
- Leaders should be like cars, with more forward gears than reverse!
- As Frankie Goes To Hollywood sang, relax!
- Staff will do as you do, not as you say. So strike a pose and model!
- Be the Alan Titchmarsh of leadership, grow new leaders!
- Imagine Peter Kay doing your job, smile!
I started with a brief introduction to myself and my background, to give them some idea of who this person was, and why they might be able to help them and I tried to cover most of the following in my time slot.
I started with some the positives from our system.
Stuff we should be proud of:
Our learners …