- People are always the priority!
- Only in Fifty Shades of Grey are people tied to desks!
- Be like Bear Grylls and get out and about!
- Only on Mastermind are you expected to have all the answers!
- Collaborate to celebrate!
- Out of tiny acorns mighty oaks do grow, so deal with issues when they're tiny!
- Good flag makers and good leaders establish standards!
- Walk the walk, not just talk the talk!
- Would you buy a car from you? Build trust!
- As a true fan, support your team!
- Laugh at the leader in the mirror and don't take yourself too seriously
- Don't be dumb, tell people when they are doing well!
- Be proactive rather than reactive, but react when you need to!
- Like a good librarian, be well read!
- Leaders should be like cars, with more forward gears than reverse!
- As Frankie Goes To Hollywood sang, relax!
- Staff will do as you do, not as you say. So strike a pose and model!
- Be the Alan Titchmarsh of leadership, grow new leaders!
- Imagine Peter Kay doing your job, smile!
Saturday, 15 February 2014
Twenty's Plenty For Leadership!
The following are intended as slightly tongue in cheek leadership messages. Within them though are what I believe are some key principles for school leaders. I hope you get them and even agree with some of them. There are lots of different leadership styles and approaches, mine is reflected in the following.